Site Meter Peculiar Susceptibility: I wish to curl up in a vast and obsolete cement ear.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I wish to curl up in a vast and obsolete cement ear.

These days, I've been dreaming about Ireland, about the UK.
[Jillian Green doors everywhere.]

It happens a couple times a week and it's things as specific as basking in dappled aprication (the best way one can, I think) in some NUI garden in Galway, with the smell of it and every blade of grass making its way through my dress to my skin. It's as tangential as incorporating a street into another cityscape. It's been a room in a Cardiff of my imagination.

Tonight, it's my wish that my self-conscious will allow me to curl up in a vast and obsolete cement ear.

2 comments:

betsy q. bramble said...

i really love that ear. i just finished The Road, so I can't help but see it as a very kind place for the man and the boy to curl up and sleep, somewhat protected and warmed.

next time you go to ireland, take me. i was 4 days away from being born a leprechaun, after all. my father told me this weekend that he is glad i was not born on that day, without explanation.

Meghan Maguire Dahn said...

I love it when parents say utterly unexplained things.

I think it's probably not great to read a bunch of apocalyptic books in a row, but I would say that the ear would work for The Parable of the Sower, too. Less for Blindness, but I still think you should read it.

New book rating system: how well can it relate to the large concrete ears?