Site Meter Peculiar Susceptibility: "Old Suzy made me stand where I was and came over and brushed all the snow off of me."

Monday, November 24, 2008

"Old Suzy made me stand where I was and came over and brushed all the snow off of me."

About a year ago now, I wrote a poem about Thumbelina and the early days of my parents' courtship.  Today, I read this remarkable post by my beautiful friend Sarah.  It's about Champlion's General Store - the place both my mother and I worked in our early twenties, the place my parents lived when they first got together, the place I learned how to start a fire in a woodstove, and the place I was cured of many, many ailments.


I'll be thinking of Bob a lot through this season.

It might be time to revise that poem with some detail from the Daily Campus article.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

meg, thanks for the kid words and the link back. I'm hoping to find the words to write more about what Champlion's and Eagleville mean to me. we are so blessed to have grown up together in this amazingly whacky community. depth and richness of character abound.

Anonymous said...

What a great article! That must be a picture of you combing Bob's hair. He looks kind.

Meghan Maguire Dahn said...

Sarah - we are so lucky.

Annie - Thanks for reading! That article is so indicative of that very moment and that very place. I love it. (Not me combing his hair, but an absolutely perfect shot of Bob.)